Admissions Advisor (Inside)
Under supervision, responsible for generating prospective students for enrollment in Cogswell's academic programs; using established leads, contacts students to obtain their approval to start the enrollment process; responsible for all phases of the student admissions process from marketing the program with students to qualifying them for enrollment in a Cogswell education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts telephone interviews to screen initial questions from potential student applicants and to set up campus interviews with them.
- Conducts personal interviews to qualify candidates and to explain Cogswell's academic programs and advises on what they need to do in order to meet Cogswell's admissions requirements.
- Uses all marketing and recruiting tools to get the Cogswell story in front of all prospects.
- Effectively addresses students' concerns to ensure that all prospects receive the full Cogswell story and are aware of their career opportunities.
- Carefully assesses all prospective students to ensure that they have the student potential, traits, characteristics, and financial wherewithal to stay-the-course and remain enrolled until graduation.
- Studies course prerequisites, degree equivalents and accreditation of schools and computes grade point averages to establish students' qualifications for admission.
- Maintains full knowledge of Cogswell's curriculum so as to be able to fully explain all course offerings and to select a program which best fits each student's needs and aspirations.
- Completes the applicant qualification process to determine their eligibility for admission by reviewing relevant test scores; advises students on placement test scores and arranges for additional qualification procedures.
- Completes the student application process by obtaining the application fee and the student application form.
- Ensures that satisfactory enrollment agreements are completed with each enrolled student in respect to proof of education, test scores, transferable courses and other enrollment variables that may prohibit students' enrollments.
- Fully understands Cogswell's financing sources to be able to convey basic program eligibility requirements; refers students to financial aid department so that financial aid can be considered and be available when needed.
- Acts in a liaison capacity with other campus departments to ensure that the Admissions Department properly interacts with all areas affecting student enrollments.
- Solicits referrals from prospective candidates to provide a positive flow of student applicants; diligently follows all leads in order to fill PD quotas and lead workage percentages.
- Knows the importance of the student start rate goals for each term and uses effort, ingenuity and resourcefulness in meeting the Admissions Department's student enrollment objectives.
- Participates as a team member of the campuses Admissions Department by understanding team dynamics, rules and principles; works diligently and willingly towards the department's goals and objectives.
- Utilizes competent administrative skills by getting enrollment tasks done on time and within budget; maintains enrollment management records and completes all standard reports and adhoc reports, when needed, on time.
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the Admissions Department.
- Commits the time, work effort and job skills to achieve the enrollment goals and objectives for each school term (semester).
- Handles related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as well as the Cogswell Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
Bachelor's degree preferred and sales experience helpful but not required. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be intelligent and must have persuasive skills and must understand and properly interpret human behavior. Must have quality voice and pronunciation skills to be able to speak well and be clearly understood. Must be a competent administrator and a self-starter and have the ability to work with little supervision. Must be a team player, willing to share and exchange. Must have the ability to make ethical decisions, doing what is always best for the students as well as the College.
Qualified candidates only -
Send Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minority and women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.