Admissions AdvisorReporting Relationship: VP of Admissions & Marketing
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Time Commitment: Full-time
Work Location: Sunnyvale, California
Under supervision, responsible for generating prospective students for enrollment in Cogswell’s academic programs; using established leads, contacts students to obtain their approval to start the enrollment process; responsible for all phases of the student admissions process from marketing the program with students to qualifying them for enrollment in a Cogswell education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts telephone interviews to screen initial questions from potential student applicants and to set up campus interviews with them
- Conducts personal interviews to qualify candidates and to explain Cogswell’s academic programs and advises on what they need to do in order to meet Cogswell’s admissions requirements
- Uses all marketing and recruiting tools to get the Cogswell story in front of all prospects
- Effectively addresses students’ concerns to ensure that all prospects receive the full Cogswell story and are aware of their career opportunities
- Carefully assesses all prospective students to ensure that they have the student potential, traits, characteristics, and financial wherewithal to stay-the-course and remain enrolled until graduation
- Studies course prerequisites, degree equivalents and accreditation of schools and computes grade point averages to establish students’ qualifications for admission
- Maintains full knowledge of Cogswell’s curriculum so as to be able to fully explain all course offerings and to select a program which best fits each student’s needs and aspirations
- Completes the applicant qualification process to determine their eligibility for admission by reviewing relevant test scores; advises students on placement test scores and arranges for additional qualification procedures
- Completes the student application process by obtaining all relevant information and assisting the student (where required) to complete the application form
- Ensures that all required paperwork is completed with each enrolled student in respect to proof of education, test scores, transferable courses and other enrollment variables that may prohibit students’ enrollments
- Understands Cogswell’s financing sources to be able to convey basic program eligibility requirements in a manner that complies with Federal, State and other relevant laws and rules; refers students to financial aid department so that financial aid can be considered and available when needed
- Acts in a liaison capacity with other campus departments to ensure that the Admissions Department properly interacts with all areas affecting student enrollments
- Solicits referrals from prospective candidates to provide a positive flow of student applicants; diligently follows all leads in order to provide all relevant information to potential students and service them satisfactorily throughout the process
- Knows the importance of the student start rate goals for each term and uses effort, ingenuity and resourcefulness in meeting the Admissions Department’s student enrollment objectives
- Participates as a team member of the campuses Admissions Department by understanding team dynamics, rules and principles; works diligently and willingly towards the department’s goals and objectives
- Utilizes competent administrative skills by getting enrollment tasks done on time and within budget; maintains enrollment management records and completes all standard reports and adhoc reports, when needed, on time
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the Admissions Department
- Commits the time, work effort and job skills to achieve the enrollment goals and objectives for each school term (semester)
- Handles related duties as assigned
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as set out by Federal, State and accrediting rules and laws as well as Cogswell College policies, procedures and practices
Interested candidates should complete the online application & attach a resume at: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13349332
Position Type: Exempt
Time Commitment: Full-time
The Career Services Manager supervises all aspects of Cogswell College’s career services including:
- Counseling students in career planning skills and job search strategies
- Coordination of training skills workshops, career forums and job fairs
- Management of the on-campus interviewing (OCI) program
- Development of relationships with potential employers
- Aggressive searches for information about employment opportunities
- The Career Services Manager will be responsible for planning and implementing marketing strategy for identifying potential employers and for developing and maintaining a database for OCI as well as web-based program for students
- Develops annual goals and objectives for Career Services
- Maintains up-to-date information on careers, occupations, current employment opportunities and trends, entry-level occupational requirements. Publishes this information in a format that can be used by the college for Marketing & Admissions, faculty, and other offices
- Tracks and prepares reports on Career Service’s activities, accomplishments or problems on a regular basis
- Assists student in job search activities including resume preparation, interview skills
- Develops relationship with employers and secures job leads for students in positions that meet the program objective
- Tracks placement outcomes and ensures compliance with Gainful employment rules
- Maintain sufficient amount of job leads for qualified employment to meet the demands of all graduates
- Assists students in self employment opportunities while ensuring compliance with Gainful Employment rules
- Actively and routinely seeks employer feedback and researches industry trends; Shares this information with appropriate within the school to aid in the development/enhancement of curriculum and successful outcomes for graduates
- Arranges and makes site visits to local companies that are employing and providing in
- Arranges and makes site visits to local companies that are employing and providing internship opportunities to Cogswell students and alumni
- Attends trade show conferences of various disciplines relating to Cogswell’s core degree programs to recruit companies to participate in hiring graduates of Cogswell that meet the program objectives
- Holds workshops and classes on various career related topics (i.e. resumes, cover letters, Dress for Success, Etc.)
- Serves as a spokesperson to campus administrators, faculty, staff and student groups and to the community at large about the fields that our graduates and alumni are working through public speaking events, trade show contacts, and direct calls on campus
- Responsible for overseeing and running the Cogswell College Co-Op/Internship program with the goa of converting these opportunities into gainful employment of Cogswell graduates.
Special Instructions:For consideration, please fill out required application at the link below. Include a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
Position Summary:The Director of Engineering provides program-specific leadership and support for students, faculty, and staff. We are seeking an individual with higher education teaching experience, work history in engineering, and a result-oriented entrepreneurial spirit.
- Manage and provide leadership for teaching staff and supervise project managers in a matrix management reporting structure.
- Maximize existing resources while working collaboratively to develop and implement a long-range strategic plan for the program.
- Possess a deep technical understanding in engineering
- The ability to teach and program in multiple programming languages.
- An understanding of mobile application development and other emerging areas in technology.
- Responsibility for the academic quality and growth of the program
- Recruit faculty positions as needed
- Formulate and communicate recommendations for hiring, promotion, retention and evaluation of faculty
- Examine the departmental course offerings and propose improvements.
- Determine course schedule and assign faculty for teaching assignments.
- Create and maintain an active Program Advisory Board and lead/participate in department meetings, committees, and student success initiatives.
- Train or determine training for faculty
- Conduct assessment
- Teach classes and hold regular office hours.
- Foster a positive environment for students and serve as an Advisor.
- Ensure curriculum and syllabi are up to date and all classes have relevant materials through program review.
- Review and approve course substitutions and other requests made by the Registrar’s office
- Work closely with other Program Chairs to ensure the continued growth and health of the college
- Build and maintain community and industry relationships, including project partnerships
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Masters’ degree from an accredited institution in an engineering, math, science, or other technical area of study. Doctorate (Ph.D.) preferred.
- Successful college level teaching experience and/or Professional experience in the field of study.
- An ongoing engagement with best practices related to pedagogy, retention and student learning
- An ability to understand and/or experience working with startup companies and other entrepreneurial efforts.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple, important priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses exceptional oral, written and listening skills. Has the ability and willingness to discern and meet the needs of students. Has the ability to establish interpersonal rapport and relate to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Flexibility with schedule and the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
For consideration, please fill out the required application at the link below and include a cover letter and resume/cv.
It is the policy and practice of the Institute to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees
and applicants. Employees and applicants are evaluated on individual merit, qualifications and
competence. Programs will be administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national
origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, the
use of a trained dog guide or service animal, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local law. This policy is carried out in all of Cogswell’s practices involving employment, including
recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training and disciplinary action.