WHAT IS GLOBAL GAME JAM?
Global Game Jam (GGJ) brings together talented individuals from within your community. It is unique opportunity for people to push their skills and challenge their way of working. Participants work concurrently along with developers around the globe, we rally around a central theme, which you have 48 hours to create a game. It's our hope that we will see some very experimental realized prototypes that you can continue to work on after the jam. Many games developed inyears past have become fully realized games. The GGJ is open source, hardware & software agnostic and all projects are protected under a creative commons license. We encourage people to try out new ideas and push themselves within reason. We encourage that participants eat and sleep to stay at their best.
- Please show up to the jam on time.
- Teams will be formed at the event.
- Participants will use their own hardware and software.
- Have appropriate software pre-loaded on your computer.
- The team/makers of the game hold all IP rights. However, the Global Game Jam may use the games for demonstration as it sees fit. All games must be posted in the state they are in as of 5:00 PM Sunday, January 25, 2015. If the team/makers of the game wish to upload subsequent versions, they are welcome and we will host and archive them. All participants and all games entered for GGJ must agree to a Creative Commons, share, no alter, no sell license.
- All materials made at the Global Game Jam can be used for demonstration and lecture at conferences, schools or industry venues with the expressed discretion of the Global Game Jam, the IGDA and IGDA Education SIG.
- As an initiative of the IGDA, the Global Game Jam is supposed to be fun, collaborative with a goal to keep things very simple. We provide structure, guidance and help for all locations participating in the GGJ. As a rule of thumb, we expect that no team/makers of a game will illegally exploit others' IP, and that in turn, everything created becomes part of the public domain. All participants agree that their participation in the Global Game Jam will hold no one liable for any loss or damage.
- No alcoholic beverages or other illegal substances on Cogswell premises.
I agree that I and my heirs, next of kin, guardians, legal representatives and assigns, hereby release, hold harmless, and forever discharge Cogswell Polytechnical College, its employees, agents, successors, representatives and assigns, from any and all liability, claims, attorney’s fees, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or to any property belonging to me while participating in the Global Game Jam hosted by Cogswell Polytechnical College.
I also agree to actively participate, contribute and be present throughout the event days from January 23 to January 25, 2015. Failure to comply will result in immediate exclusion from the event.
Please download and sign the agreement here and BRING WITH YOU to the Game Jam.