Cogswell College recognizes the need to serve individuals in the digital arts community with an advanced program providing entrepreneurial knowledge and practical skills. The Masters of Arts in Entrepreneurship and Innovation is an unique opportunity to learn and apply entrepreneurial fundamentals, skills and action.
We seek highly motivated students from diverse backgrounds interested in creating or working in growth-oriented for profit or non-profit creative ventures. Special emphasis will be placed on students from professional disciplines.
Cogswell College does not follow a set formula for determining admission into our master's program. Our goal is to admit qualified candidates who show potential for completing the program and advancing into a successful creative venture career.
You are considered a graduate applicant if you hold a Bachelor's degree and wish to pursue a Masters of Arts in Entrepreneurship and Innovation for creative ventures.
Cogswell requires all applicants to meet the following requirements to be considered for graduate admission:
• A four-year Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree from a recognized institution if the degree was earned outside of the U.S.
• A recommended 2.7 grade point average.
• Applicants who have earned a degree from a higher education institution in which the primary language of instruction was not English must take an English-language proficiency exam. Recommended scores are 80 on the internet-based TOEFL, 7.0 on the IELTS, or 68 on the PTE.
• Creative industry experience or training; startup experience a plus.
• Comfort with everyday mathematics; exposure to economics and statistics a plus.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite software or similar software.
• Results from standardized graduate admissions tests, such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Note: You do not need to take these tests just for Cogswell, though we'd like to see the results if you have taken them.
Applicants need to complete the following:
• Online application form
• Portfolio submission (or equivalent demonstration of accomplishments and qualifications)
• Two letters of recommendation
• A statement of purpose outlining your motivations and ultimate goals in attending this program
• Official university or college transcripts; unofficial ones can be used while the official one is in process
• Interview with Program Director or designee
Admissions materials may be sent via email to:
Paper materials should be addressed to:
1175 Bordeaux Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
The Master of Arts in Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a one-year, comprehensive program for students to learn the entrepreneurial skills needed to sustain their creative pursuits in the face of the rapid change impacting creative industries. The program provides the core knowledge, skills and conceptual models to create or grow creative ventures within startups as well as larger organizations. It is in-depth and experiential - students will learn from creative entrepreneurs and their companies in addition to coursework.
The program culminates in an intensive practicum that requires students to create or grow a venture by addressing business growth challenges, researching new opportunities, moving the venture to a new level or market, or otherwise developing some aspect of their venture.
The program requires completion of a minimum of 30 credits of graduate course work as established and approved by the College. The program must include:
• Creative Ventures Core - 18 credits
• Specialization - 6 credits
• Practicum - 6 credits
Incoming students who have taken equivalent graduate level courses can petition to substitute up to six credits.
Strategically located in Silicon Valley and celebrating 125 years of academic history, Cogswell provides WASC accredited higher education that empowers students to innovate through the fusion of art, engineering and entrepreneurship.
© 2013 Cogswell College