Masters Degree in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
The Master of Arts in Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a one-year, comprehensive program for students to learn the entrepreneurial skills needed to sustain their creative pursuits in the face of the rapid change impacting creative industries. The program provides the core knowledge, skills and conceptual models to create or grow creative ventures within startups as well as larger organizations. It is intensive and experiential - students will learn from creative entrepreneurs and their companies in addition to coursework.
Each student chooses one of 5 areas of specialization: - Technology, Animation, Audio, Games and Interactive Marketing. The program culminates in an intensive practicum that requires students to create or grow a venture by addressing business growth challenges, researching new opportunities, moving the venture to a new level or market; or otherwise developing some aspect of their venture.
MA ENT Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the MA in Entrepreneurship will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively, efficiently and compellingly to achieve business goals.
2. Demonstrate teamwork best practices as a leader, peer and subordinate.
3. Expand and leverage professional networks to further a new or existing venture.
4. Demonstrate the ability to solve novel business problems.
5. Iterate financial models and operations systems for a new or existing venture.
6. Apply ideation techniques to multiple aspects of a venture.
7. Formulate a growth plan for multiple stages of a new or existing venture.
8. Grow a new or existing venture through at least one lifecycle stage.
Strategically located in Silicon Valley and celebrating 125 years of academic history, Cogswell provides WASC accredited higher education that empowers students to innovate through the fusion of art, engineering and entrepreneurship.
© 2012 Cogswell College