To start the application process for the Fire Science Program BS Degree, please assemble the following in a package and mail to the address shown below:
- Complete an application form ONLINE
- or download the Application for Admission form,
- Enclose a $55 application fee (non-refundable),
- Admission Essay, see application form for topic,
- Copy of your high school diploma,
- Copies of any certificates that you would like reviewed for possible college credit,
- Contact all colleges that you have attended and request them to send official transcripts directly to Cogswell Office of Admissions
All materials should be mailed to:
1175 Bordeaux Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
You will be notified when we have received your complete application. The application evaluation process takes no more than two weeks from the day that the completed application is received in the office. If additional information is necessary, one of our Admissions Counselors will contact you.
Tuition & Fees:
The current tuition for Fire Science Program courses is $243 a unit ($729 a class).
Who is eligible to apply?
- A student who has an Associate degree in a Fire Science related field ( Fire Protection, Fire technology, Fire Administration, Fire Prevention, Fire science) with GPA of 2.5
- A student who has no Associate degree in a fire science related field. This student must complete the following lower division courses before beginning the program:
- English composition 100 level
- At least 12 units of lower division Fire Science Courses
- GPA of 2.5
- A student has some experience working in a Fire Department either as employee or as a volunteer
- A student who has access to a computer and who is comfortable with use of computer technologies and web-based learning platforms