Software Engineering (SWE)
SWE coursework covers the entire software development cycle including: design, analysis, verification, validation, implementation, reliability, deployment and maintenance. The work done by software engineers impacts so many of the devices and software that we rely upon in our everyday lives − cell phones, games, business applications, financial operations, health devices, military systems and so much more - that there is increasing demand for software engineering professionals who have experience developing software systems.
Students in the Software Engineering degree program will gain the skills they need to undertake large scale programming projects, be exposed to latest trends in software development, design and testing, and be familiar with interface, tools and game engine programming. Through hands-on, project-based learning, graduates will have the tools required to bring innovative ideas and a problem-solving approach to the challenges they will face during their careers.
Students can specialize in: Software Development and Testing, Computer Networking, Graphics and Real-Time Simulation.
Benefits of Cogswell Software Engineering Program
- Work in teams with professors on industry-sponsored projects
- Entrepreneurship classes offer project management skills
- Build your resume through multiple opportunities to work on projects
- Current curricula covering latest technological advances
- Caring faculty with industry experience
- Laboratories equipped with industrial grade hardware and software
- Project-based education
- Integrated lectures and lab work
- Curricula structured for maximum credit transfer
- Rigorous academic advising for timely graduation
- Close interaction with students from other disciplines