New Student Admissions Requirements
Applicants for admission must submit the following to the Admissions Office:
- A completed application
- A non-refundable $55 application fee
- A typed essay from the applicant which described his/her reason for applying to Cogswell
- A completed recommendation form
- An official high school transcript; or an official report of scores earned on the General Education Development (GED) test
- A portfolio of artwork (DAA and DAT only.)
- Recommended High School GPA of 2.7 or higher
All materials should be mailed to:
1175 Bordeaux Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
You will be notified when we have received your complete application. The application evaluation process takes no more than two weeks from the day that the completed application is received in the office. If additional information is necessary, one of our Admissions Counselors will contact you.
An essay is required from all applicants.
On a separate sheet of paper, type an essay describing yourself and reasons for applying to this program. Tell us how your education will relate to your career goals.
The essay must be approximately 2 double-spaced typed pages.
Notification of Admission
All applicants will receive an acknowledgement of their admission status within two weeks after their application is complete. Notification will include information regarding registration and Advising Days, Orientation and a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) form.
Shortly after receiving their acceptance packets, students will receive a Financial Aid Award letter.
Cogswell College reserves the right to revoke acceptance or continued enrollment if:
- any application materials are false or misrepresented,
- the student imposes any risk of to the health, safety or welfare of others or to him/herself,
- a student disrupts the orderly process of the College, or
- a student violates any policy outlined in the Student Handbook.