Cogswell Polytechnical College welcomes students from different countries and cultures for long term study. Cogswell currently accepts F1 visas only.
International students interested in long term study at Cogswell must complete the full application process. Get started early to allow time to process required documents for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). International students may not enroll as part-time students.
International applicants must submit the following to the Admissions Office:
- A completed International Application
- An essay
- A copy of your current valid passport
- An official transcript from each secondary school and college attended. Applicants are requested to send certified English translations of transcripts:
- TOEFL test results; the minimum accepted score is 525 (paper-based), 197 (computer-based), 69 (internet-based)
- IELTS test results: the minimum accepted score is 6.5 for undergraduate and 7.0 for graduate students.
- Unless the native language of the international student is English, and the College can confirm the native language, then the student is not required to take the TOEFL or IELTS test.
There is no limited amount of times a student can take the tests; test scores are valid for two (2) years after the test date. The official scores becomes part of the permanent student record once the student has enrolled with the College.
- Students may also waive the English proficiency tests (TOEFL & IELTS) if students can provide evidence of receiving at least four (4) years educational training in English language. Students will then take Cogswell’s placement exam to assess competency in English.
- The Affidavit of Financial Support Form
Upon the receipt of an acceptance letter, the student is to forward to Cogswell College payment for the first semester tuition before the tuition deadline. All tuition for each subsequent semester attended must be paid in full during that semester's registration.
International students will be required to take placement examinations in Mathematics, English and Music Theory (Music Theory is for Digital Audio Technology students only).
International students must maintain good academic standing at all times.
Download the International Students Fact Sheet here.